Sunday, 10 May 2015

Fantastic day at Port Sunlight !

What a fantastic day I had yesterday at Port Sunlight demonstrating at the side of Leandra Franich on the PaperArtsy stand ! Still pinching myself ! The nerves soon floated away when I got talking the lovely ladies who came to the stand, they loved the way the Fresco Finish paints work and I spent most of the day sharing how to create backgrounds with lots of layers and also introducing them to painting with a baby wipe ! Thank you to the lovely Ruth Mescall who took some photos, I didn't get chance !


 It was busy as soon as the doors were opened to the public at 10.30AM.


 I quite like this photo as my hand is a blur stencilling !


I'd taken some samples with me, and I did manage to finish a couple of tags one of them is the one above on the right.


Here's some more of my samples and you can just see one that I'm working on at the top.The tag with the pink flower was a request from a lady who wanted to see pink and blue together. Now those of you who know me know that pink and me just don't mix ! But, I rather like how this simple tage turned out, so who knows I may use pink again !



There was one lovely lady who took a real shine to this tag so I made her day when I said she could take it home, I was even asked to sign it on the back !


This tag is using the new bright blues in the Fresco Finish range aswell as the new JOFY stamps, the photo doesn't do the colours justice. This was what inspired me to do the Stamps and Stencils DT piece which you can find here.



Now I'm not a big purple person (if you know what I mean!) but the new set of purples in the Fresco Finish range are rather gorgeous, so I used them with Lin Brown's stamps as well as stencils and the squirly whirly stamp by Emma Godfrey, that I am in love with !

 This little bird by Lin Brown is gorgeous and having the stencil to go with the stamp is brilliant !


Here's one of the tags I almost finished, the photo isn't really very good but I think you can see where it's going.



The JOFY vine stencil was really popular and I was asked several times to show how to use it with the bumping technique, it also works really well as the stem for the beautiful Lin Brown flower !

So, all in all a fantastic day ! A big thank you to Leandra for inviting me and a big thank you to all the lovely ladies who came to see the stand, I hope you're all creating art with your new purchases !

18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous day at Port Sunny, your demos were amazing ! I came home with a large bag of fresco paints and Jofy stamps, the new blues are fabulous. It was lovely to meet you as I have been a follower on your blog for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Sue you made so many gorgeous tags, they all look fantastic - no wonder Leandra took you with her!! hope you'll be invited back again, it would be wonderful to watch you in action. thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Sue!!! I bet you were a HUGE hit with the attendees - would have loved to see you in action. Those tags are gorgeous and yes, you can do pink!!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would be great at demonstrating and I am so glad you had a great time. I would have loved to be there. The samples are fantastic and I do love the blue and pink together, at least the way you combined them. I just ordered a couple of pinks from the US so since I have some blues, I might try using them together soon. I just need some of the stamps - added to my wish list.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, I'm so glad your nerves melted away as you deserved to enjoy it as much as we did. Your demos were fabulous as were your samples. I could have watched you and Leandra all day!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us Sue. It was a fun day and your tags were totally gorgeous. Thanks too for helping us break down the stand. We got out of the hall with 3 minutes to spare! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your samples are STUNNNG!!! And I hear you were mobbed at the show...LOVE that! Congrats to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was so very wonderful to see you at Port Sunlight - and amazing to see you working up the layers - loved it all Sue - thanks very much - I hope I enjoy my paints as much as you seem to! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab samples Sue, would love to watch you demo one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tags Sue. One day I'll get there. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous samples, everyone would be inspired seeing you demo these.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was lovely to see you demoing Sue, I couldn't get near but I did see you do that beautiful nearly finished tag, from a distance! Your samples are gorgeous. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous makes Sue and isn't it much more fun on the other side of the demo table xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous day!! And I love the look of the art work you produced... so wish I could get to an event like that!
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning sample tags, Sue - it looks as though you were on fire creatively all day! Fabulous to see what you created, and to see you in action too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to say it was a pleasure to watch you work, the samples were stunning! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!