Wednesday, 10 December 2014

A Vintage Holiday

We're starting the second week of the current challenge at Frilly and Funkie today. The lovely Nancy is our host and has chosen A Vintage Holiday, so that is the perfect opportunity to get cracking with my Christmas cards !


I took my inspiration for this card from Linda's 12 tags, and it was tag no.1 that I focussed on. I started  by spraying some white card with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Distress Spray Stains. I wanted to try and replicate the knitted pattern on Linda's tag so I picked a TCW stencil and sprayed more Fired Brick over the stencil. I then rummaged around in my stash and found some white, stitch pattern rub ons, which worked perfectly ! I cut a small tag from a piece of the original sprayed card and embossed it using a Sizzx EF then rubbed a little Renaissance Treasure Gold over the raised areas. I added some Jute thread through the tag and added the little wreath charm, which I've also, lightly rubbed with more Treasure Gold to age it a little.



The main image is from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays 5 and is stamped onto a piece of card that's been sprayed with the Fired Brick Spray Stain through the TCW stencil. The numbers are die cut from cardboard and them embossed using Wendy Vecchi's embossing powder. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Simple Sayings stamp set and to finish I've added some crocheted lace.

Well I'm off the mark with Christmas cards! Hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !


10 comments:

  1. LOVE the stitched detail to this Sue and those glossy enamelled numbers (gotta try this!) giving this beautiful card such a vintage feel. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love all the tone and texture. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sue! That is such a great stencil that you used, and the horse and buggy stamp is one of my favourites! Amazing vintage colours and I love all of the stitching you added! Gorgeous vintage card! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful and festive card Sue! Your background layers are unreal! I love that sleigh stamp too! I just stamped mine for the first time. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous holiday card with wonderful stitching, stenciling and stamping.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job with the stenciling Sue. I love the silhouette stamping and the lovely lace that you added, it is a beautiful card. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sensational card, Sue! The red color palette is so beautiful. I love the inspiration from the holiday knit stencil - yours look like peppermint candies. Love the horse and buggy silhouette and your embossed 25 is beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. It both has the vintage feel but also kind of traditional Christmas colors. Perfect way you mixed it all... Stamping, stencil, lace etc.
    Thanks for sharing your geat art. Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such depth to the spritzing and it gives great drama to this card... love those enamelled numbers and the lacy layer.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!