Friday, 7 June 2013

12 tags of 2013

Now this is a first for me, I've never got round to joining in with Tim's 12 tags challenge before, but I saw the tag for June and thought I would strike while the iron is hot (so to speak!).

I've acquired only 3 of the Distress Paints so my colour palette is some what limited at the moment, but I quite like the result I've achieved.


To create the effect on the tag I used Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint, Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and Wild Honey Distress Stains.


Tim used the dragonfly from the Classics 1 set but I really love the pear image. It's been stamped onto water colour paper and then painted with Distress Markers. I've also flicked some watered down ink from the Distress Markers but I had to use an ordinary paint brush, I couldn't get my water brush to flick ! I've ripped the edges and blended more DI to give the true distressed look !


I stamped the tag using 2 stamps from the Classics 3 set and as you can see at the bottom, one of the diamonds didn't stamp all that well but I rather liked it as it added to the distressed look.


I dyed some seam binding using some Ripe Persimmon Distress Stains and added an Ideaology Philosophy tag.

I'm entering this tag into the Tim Holtz 12 tags for 2013 - June challenge.

I hope you all have a lovely week end and if you're in the UK I hope you take the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine !


25 comments:

  1. Really love your tag!
    Sandty

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely tag--I'm beginning to think I should buy that pear stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an inky tag background just waiting for something and your colors reminded me! Love that background and gorgeous the pear looks as a focal point! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Sue - wow that pear looks absolutely amazing! What a great take on the tag.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous take on Tim's tag Sue, love the rich colours.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background Sue! I love the pear too! Awesome take!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation, your peartag is fab!
    Laura vive-lavi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a chance to give it a try this month, your tag turned out beautifully. Love the pear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful take on Tims tag! I hanker after this blue print set so much! Love how you have coloured it. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colouring of the pear image. And I like the way the background teuned out too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your well deserved win - how cool that you got the nod on your first entry too. Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huge congrats on your win Sue x a stunning tag, deserving of Tim's recognition

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job! Love your choice of BG stamps as well!
    WTG and congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congrats on your win Sue! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay you are a June tag winner. Congratulations Sue, so well deserved.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO PLEASED FOR YOU SUE!!! A winner at the first time of asking! Result. Huge congratulations, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This had winner written all over it... huge congratulations on your debutant win!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations sue, a great tag ! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your winning tag! Love the shape of the pear focal image you used. Such great watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy colors....great tag. Congralutations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely beautiful!! Definitely see why it was chosen as a winner. And it's your first TH of 2013 tag ... that's awesome. The background stamps are some of my favorites and I really love the colors you chose. Congrats!!

    -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful. Congrats on winner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on having a winning tag. Your distressing is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your win! Lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!