Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Do you have the time ?

We've arrived at the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie, and this time the lovely Trace has chosen 'There's no time to waste!' and here's what Trace has to say:

'Make a time inspired piece, this could be masculine and grunged up or feminine and delicate.. all you need to do is include a clock, watch or other timepiece ... you could use dies, stamps or whatever takes your fancy.'

The possibilities with this challenge theme are endless so I think most of my time (no pun intended!) was spent narrowing down the choices and deciding what to do. When I was at Ally Pally a few weeks ago I picked up a 6x4 box canvas, so decided to have a play !


I had intended to do a step x step but got carried away and completely forgot to take the photos! I first of all used some cut 'n' dry and Vanilla Fresco Finish paint to cover the canvas. I then used Chocolate Pudding and French Roast to go over the edges only. I painted some pages from an old book with Snowflake Fresco Finish and then used the Artistic Outpost Paper Boy set and stamped the buildings with coffee Archival ink and the children with black Archival Ink.


I've stuck some of the painted book pages onto some card and then used the WordPlay die to cut the letters. I've blended some DI around the edge of the letters and then brushed some Onyxite Treasure Gold around the edges too. The clock button is from a Prima set and the lace is the lovely May Arts crocheted lace that Linda sells in The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


The rose is made from some of the painted book pages and the Tattered Flower die and I've spritzed it with Cappucino Perfect Pearls spray and then brushed some Onyxite Treasure Gold over the edges. The leaves are cut from a piece of painted book page using a PaperArtsy die and I've blended some Bundled Sage DI over it.


The edges have been covered using embossed metal made with the Texture Fades EF. I've used a mixture of French Roast and Little Black Dress Fresco Finish to cover the metal. I've then stuck it to the canvas and then brushed some more Onyxite Treasure Gold over the metal and around the edges of the canvas. I love the effect of the TG over the dark paint. To finish I stuck an Ideaology Curio Knob to the top.

I'm also entering this project into The Artistic Stamper challenge which is 'words' and Our Creative Corner's challenge of Anything Goes.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


19 comments:

  1. Loving your canvas Sue, particularly the textured edges and that paper flower. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you have created this piece, the texture is fab and so are the colours. the flower is gorgeous x hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEy there Sue, love what you have made, fabulous stampset and the colours are just great and just look at that flower wowwwzersss. Thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas!! Love the sepia tones you have used and such a wonderful combination of those AO stamps. The texture and how you added it to the side of the canvas is brilliant too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in the Challenge this month at The Artistic Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely delicious, Sue - it's just so perfectly executed! Gorgeous vintage palette, wonderful use of the AO images (come and play with us there too?!), and altogether lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous make Sue.............I love all the texture you have created and those wonderful AO stamps are fab.

    CRafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning canvas, Sue! Love how you added the "paperboy" images and the sides are such a vintage treat! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sue, I love the effect of the treasure gold over the paint on your canvas. What a lovely textured project. Thanks for sharing it with us on Our Creative Corner. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I should also have said, of course: Great to have you play along at Our Creative Corner!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is a beautiful canvas Sue, I love all the layering, the wonderful lace and flower and the beautiful embossed sides. Thank you for playing along with us as Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous canvas Sue (wish I'd bought one when I was at Ally Pally!). I love your sepia tones, the Tim letters, the image and just about everything really!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Sue, a wonderful canvas and I love the embossed metal edges.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your canvas is stunning Sue! I love the sepia vintage look of it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous canvas with great details. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful to see you at OCC with this gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your canvas looks amazing, love all the details and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has to be my favourite. Love it. It all works fab together.mandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that is a gorgeous canvas. I love all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!