Monday, 30 March 2015

Introducing Stamps and Stencils !

Today is a very exciting day as it's the count down to the very first challenge of Stamps and Stencils ! We are a mixed media challenge and will be having monthly challenges with inpsirational posts throughout the month.

The DT is very excited and raring to go and if you hop over to the Stamps and Stencils blog you'll find out who two of the members are !


Saturday, 21 March 2015

Time to Test your Metal !

I'm very excited to share that I will be teaching my first class at The Pavilion in West Hallam, Derbyshire on Saturday 20 June. The class will be between 10AM - 4PM and you'll be creating a canvas using lots of different metal techniques as well as using yummy Luminarte Silk paints ! Below are one or two photos of the project and if you click here you'll find the details of how to book a place.

I hope you're able to join me !

Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Bring on the bling !

Today we start the second week of the Frilly and Funkie current challenge which is to Bring on the Bling ! The lovely Jenny is our host and here's what Jenny has to say:

Be it diamonds, pearls or even glitter we need to see some sparkle on your vintage or shabby chic projects this time.

So, this was a huge challenge for me as I'm not a 'bling' kind of girl. It had me rooting through unpacked, house move boxes in the hopes that I'd find something !

I started with the background and used the Wendy Vecchi Old Ledger stencil with Wendy's white embossing paste. While it was still wet I sprayed it with Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey and Ripe Persimmon Spray Distress Stains. Love this colour combination !

When the paste was dry I rubbed a little Treasure Gold over the top. I brayered a piece of white card with acrylic paint then stamped the image from the Wendy Vecchi Discover Art set. I masked off the flower heads and stamped the image twice more.

The panel below the butterfly has had Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey Distress Inks blended over it then I've stamped the numbers stamp from the Tim Holtz Perspective set with Tea Rose Archival ink and then used the Wendy Vecchi Script background stamp using Watering Can Archival ink. I then stamped a border across the top and bottom using the stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Discover Art and Watering Can Archival ink. I die cut a trellis using the Tim Holtz Trellis die from card that I'd blended Distress Ink over. I then stamped over it using the Wendy Vecchi Lots of Leaves background stamp and black Archivl ink. 
The beautiful butterfly is also from the Perspective set and I've stamped it with black Archival ink, cut it out then painted it with Distress Markers.

If you've checked out The Funkie Junkie Boutique lately you'll have seen the most gorgeous Kaisercraft embellishments. I've used an ornate corner and painted it black and when dry rubbed Treasure Gold over it and rubbed it up to a shine. If you remember, I had to dig out some bling and found some pearl swirls and also some individual pearls. I've sewn the individual pearls to some May Arts crocheted lace.

So, from a shaky start ! I quite like it in the end ! I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the beautiful DT projects.

Monday, 9 March 2015

From the Heart

The new Wendy Vecchi Make Art challenge has started so this card is just for fun so I can enter.

I started by brayering a piece of Smoothy card using lots of different colours of Fresco Finish paints.

I then used the Wendy Vecchi Yikes Stripes, Add a Stencil, Ornate Dots overlay and Classic Words stencils with Fresco Finish paints. The numbers are stencilled using Watering Can Archival ink (love this colour!)

I then stamped the background using the Lots of Leaves background stamp with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint. The circles are created using a lid that I've dipped into more paint.

The main flower is from the Daisy Art stamp set and is stamped onto a piece of brayered card.  I then painted the flower and added a shadow.

I've then edged the main image with Caribean Sea Fresco Finish paint.

The honeycomb pieces are some left over bits and I've painted them and rubbed Amber Treasure Gold over the top. The shabby flowers are by Prima and I've looped some twine behind them and added a gem to the centre. The butterfly is also by Prima and I've painted it and then rubbed Treasure Gold over the top. The sentiment is  by Tim Holtz and I've stamped it onto another piece of brayered card.

So, there we have it, a card just for fun and it was too ! I'm entering this card into the Make Art challenge which is to use stencils.